At Red Truck Fly Fishing Company we design rods that we want to fish with it. After thousands of casts and hours on the water, we’ve put together a brand new Glass rod to our lineup.
Introducing the Red Truck Fiberglass Trout Fly Rod for everything TROUT…in fiberglass. Cast those streamers and hopper-dropper rigs with ease and confidence while enjoying the finesse of “Glass”.
The Fiberglass Fly Rod:
While fiberglass is hardly a new material; we have improved traditional fiberglass by reducing weight and designing a versatile action.
- The soft tip acts as a shock absorber protecting the lightest of tippets.
- Fiberglass is incredibly durable making it the ultimate boulder hopping rod.
- The versatility of this rod is truly incredible. The soft tip allows for delicate presentations on spring creeks; while the powerful butt of the rod will effortlessly cast large hopper dropper rigs even when the wind picks up.
- The ergonomic grip feels great and increases casting efficiency.
You can’t help but smile when fighting on this rod.
- Handcrafted and finished with the best components money can buy this rod looks and feels amazing in hand.
Got to fish this on a legendary spring creek here in CA. This rod was so much fun and all the people on the trip literally argued over who got to fish with it. I’m sure they sold a few after that trip.
Daniel Esquivias (verified owner) –
I am extremely happy with my first glass rod I purchased got hooked on already and it feels amazing paired with a torque Galvin reel you can’t go wrong with that set up love it
Sean P (verified owner) –
This rod is AWESOME! I’ve used it nymphing on the Missouri River catching rainbow trout and throwing dries and spoons (don’t judge) on the Nagold River in Germany chasing Arctic Char and rainbows. Handles those big fish and that soft tip really protects that tippet! Craftsmanship is superb and it is a really beautiful rod. A true 5 weight that can bring in big fish. The RT Diesel 5/6 balances this beauty and make a great combo for streams or rivers. Also a a nice bass rod …
Beautiful rod that’s fun to use. I can’t recommend this rod enough. For months I had been looking at this rod and finally made the purchase. I got out on the water right after getting the rod and it’s absolutely going to be my go to rod. Only problem is that my son is in love with the rod too so I’ll probably either get another one of these or pick up a 4wt fiberglass. Do yourself a favor and buy (at least) one of these now!