Red Truck Diesel Migration 6Nine Sealed Drag Reel – 6/9
If you’re after something to put the brakes on a fast running steelhead than you’ve found it! The Migration 6Nine by the Red Truck Fly Fishing Co. is one of the smoothest reels we’ve come across. Fully machined and featuring a sealed drag, this reel is the perfect choice for those of you looking for the perfect reel for you 7-8 weight fly rod. We’ve even found it to be a great choice for a lighter spey rod like the Red Truck 11′ 5 weight. Not only is this reel amazing performance wise it’s got the looks to go along with it.
Weight: 8.15 oz
Reel Diameter: 4″
150 yards – 20lb Dacron Backing
100 yards – 30lb Dacron Backing
Instructions for changing retrieve on Diesel SD reels:
1) Take off the spool by turning the spool knob on the front of the spool counterclockwise (you don’t need to unscrew it all the way, just enough to remove the spool from the frame)
2) Take a pointed tool (like a bobbin or toothpick) and remove the black mesh screen from the top of the red cone shaped piece
3) Looking into the cone, you will see a screw. Remove the screw, and remove the red cone from the frame
4) When you look into the drag compartment from the base of the cone, remove the black rubber seal by putting flat head screw driver under it and gently lifting
5) Remove the first single directional bearing, flip it, then replace the black rubber seal
6) Place cone back onto the frame, and replace the screw at the top of the cone
7) Replace the black mesh screen (mesh side facing outwards and flat side towards the inside of the cone and put spool back on securely
Wayne Sprague –
I bought the reel for my Redtruck switch rod and I love it. It’s smooth operation and has the brakes to hold big fish from running away.
John Schultz –
I have caught perch , small mouth bass on Great Lake Sacandaga , golf course large mouth , and stripped bass under the Chesapeake bay bridge at Sandy point State Park with this reel. Super smooth feel , easy to get back on the reel , never had a problem after dumping it in dirt on the brackish banks or sand , I pretty much beat it to death . I love this thing and it keeps performing flawlessly after my 5 years of abuse . Two thumbs up for sure , much better feel , look and performance than my Orvis , and the line release and retrieve is freakin awesome .
Tony Mo –
Wow!!! This thing blew my other reels literally out of the water. No start up weight. Just smooth drag and easy control on some huge winter steelhead this year.
My Favorite Reel on the market seriously!!