(photo by @keithwestraphotography)
The 9ft 6wt is your streamer fishing solution, the one best answer for streamer fishing for trout anywhere. The Diesel High Sierra 690-4 is a fast action graphite fly rod. The blank on which this fly rod is built has gained the reputation as one of the best six weights around. We think you’ll agree.
The Red Truck Diesel High Sierra Fly Rod: We’ve taken our most popular rod models and are now offering them with updates to the grip and a new color scheme that reminds us of our grandfathers old fly rod. Same snake belly blank, new components and a very classic look.
The Red Truck Diesel High Sierra series are light, quick and responsive. The graphite blend is a 30/40 ton mix with a natural grey semi-ground, snake-belly finish. All feature ground ferrules. The windings are black with red trim and the rings are all stainless steel. All Red Truck graphite fly rods come with a powder-coated aluminum tube and black twill sock.
- Matte finished reducing rod glare, Reflection on the water caused from shiny rods, which can spook fish.
- Sanded and precision fit ferules, where the rod pieces come together, allow for repairs in just 3 days and eliminates the need for you to ship the entire rod back to us.
- Effortlessly present large streamers on target.
- Powerful mid section and butt for ease of picking up heavy flies.
- Hand made with incredible craftsmanship and premium components.
- Line Size: 6 wt
- Rod Length: 9′
- Sections: 4
- Weight: 3.2 oz
- Handle: Small Wells w/fighting butt
- Cork: Premium hand selected AAAA grade cork
- Reel Seat: Uplocking Gunsmoke Anodized Machined Aluminum
- Reel Seat Spacer: Dark Hardwood
- Action: Fast