(photo by @keithwestraphotography)
Dry Fly Fishing Fly Rod: The 8ft 6in 4 weight is your dry fly fishing solution, the one best answer for dry fly fishing for trout anywhere. Typically, dry fly fishing has a lot to do with timing; early morning and late evenings are the most productive times of the day to dry fly fish. Often you don’t get many opportunities at rising fish, so it is vital to get good presentations to maximize you chances of hooking fish.
The Red Truck Diesel High Sierra Fly Rod: We’ve taken our most popular rod models and are now offering them with western half-wells grips and a new color scheme that reminds us of our grandfathers old fly rod. Same snake belly blank, new components and a very classic look.
The Red Truck High Sierra series are light, quick and responsive. The graphite blend is a 30/40 ton mix with a natural grey semi-ground, snake-belly finish. All feature ground ferrules. The windings are black with red trim and the rings are all stainless steel. All Red Truck graphite fly rods come with a powder-coated aluminum tube and black twill sock.
· Matte finished reducing rod glare, Reflection on the water caused from shiny rods, which can spook fish.
· Sanded and precision fit ferules, where the rod pieces come together, allow for repairs in just 3 days and eliminates the need for you to ship the entire rod back to us.
· Present dry flies perfectly every time.
· Delicate tip for tippet protection.
· Hand made with incredible craftsmanship and premium components.
Line Size: 4 wt
Handle: Western Half Wells
Grip Cork: Hand selected premium cork
Reel Seat: Double Uplocking Black Anodized Machined Aluminum
Reel Seat Spacer: Maple Burl
Action: Medium Fast