(photo by @keithwestraphotography)
The Red Truck Diesel High Sierra Fly Rod
We’ve taken our most popular rod models and are now offering them with western half-wells grips and a new color scheme that reminds us of our grandfathers old fly rod. Same snake belly blank, new components and a very classic look.
The Red Truck High Sierra series are light, quick and responsive. The graphite blend is a 30/40 ton mix with a natural grey semi-ground, snake-belly finish. All feature ground ferrules. The windings are black with red trim and the rings are all stainless steel. All Red Truck graphite fly rods come with a powder-coated aluminum tube and black twill sock.
- Matte finished reducing rod glare, Reflection on the water caused from shiny rods, which can spook fish.
- Sanded and precision fit ferules, where the rod pieces come together, allow for repairs in just 3 days and eliminates the need for you to ship the entire rod back to us.
- Present dry flies perfectly every time.
- Delicate tip for tippet protection.
- Hand made with incredible craftsmanship and premium components.
Line Size: 4 wt
Handle: Western Half Wells
Grip Cork: Hand selected premium cork
Reel Seat: Double Uplocking Black Anodized Machined Aluminum
Reel Seat Spacer: Maple Burl
Action: Medium Fast