Red Truck Diesel Fly Reel 5/6 Weight:
A do-it-all trout reel with the look, sound and feel of the reels of old!
- Here at Red Truck we have a motto “Trout is King.” Basically, this means there are more trout fly fisherman than any other species. We knew to be successful we had to have the best trout reel on the market. With that thought in mind we spent two years testing and refining (the testing is the fun part) what would become Diesel 5/6.
- When our friends started fishing the Diesel Fly Reels it was clear we had accomplished our mission. It’s perfectly sized for a five or six weight line system with plenty of backing, should a large trout head downriver. The smooth drag has the perfect range to keep large fish from coming unbuttoned. Not only does this fly reel look and sound like a “true” trout reel, it has all the contemporary performance and craftsmanship you deserve. Fully-machined from solid bar-stock aluminum and anodized for a long life of use, you can rest assured you’ve made a smart investment in your sport.
Red Truck Diesel Fly Reels
- When we set out to design the Diesel Series of fly reels, our main goal was to make reels that we ourselves would enjoy fishing forever. We jogged our memories for ideas from our favorite reels from the past and pored over our huge selection of modern designs, picking and choosing the features and styles that, to us, embody the perfect freshwater fly reel.
- The criteria were fairly simple: the reel had to be functional, durable, and beautiful. It had to look and sound like a fly reel. It had to have the appeal to stand the test of time. In short, it had to deserve to exist. Fully machined from anodized aluminum, the Diesel is corrosion-, scratch-, and impact-resistant. The proven click-pawl drag system is dependable, simple, and easily convertible from right to left-hand wind. Should you need to apply more pressure on fired-up trout and steelhead, the exposed palming rim is there for you.
- With sweet incoming and out-going clicks, Diesel reels will satisfy anglers yearning for the simple elegance of yesteryear. And by narrowing the spool and increasing its diameter, we engineered large arbor performance into the Diesel, with the superior backing capacity of a standard arbor reel. We’ve also included a couple of nice finishing touches, like a machined brass line guard and a leather and cotton-weave zippered reel pouch to keep your reel safe for decades.
- We won’t go so far as to say that the Diesel reel will catch you more fish. But its sweet sound and downright classic style will help you enjoy the fish you do catch all the more.
Welcome to Red Truck Diesel Fly Reels!
- Weight: 4.9 oz.
- Spool Diameter: 2.9 in.
- Spool Width: 0.7 in.
- Capacity: WF5F 90 yds. 20# ; WF6F 75 yds. 20