The Red Truck Diesel 990-4 Fly Rod: Our saltwater safe and big game specific fly rod is perfect for your next trip to the Bahamas or the Cape. Pike, Striped Bass, Largemouth and Smallies are just some of the species you’ll be chasing with these rocket launcher.
- A great rod starts with the grip. Red Trucks full wells grip is not only ergonomic but enhances feel and efficiency of casting and fishing.
- Matte finished reducing rod glare, reflection from the sun hitting the rod blank caused from shiny rods, which can spook fish.
- Sanded and precision fit ferules, where the rod pieces come together, allow for repairs in just 3 days and eliminates the need for you to ship the entire rod back to us.
- Effortlessly cast in the wind.
- 4 piece design meets carry on restrictions when traveling to bonefish destinations.
- Powerful mid section allows for long and accurate casts.
- Hand made with incredible craftsmanship and premium components.
Where will your Red Truck Take You?
Andreas Lindqvist –
Have use this rod since last fall for pike here in sweden. Can say i´m very impress over this rod. It feels very light in your hand but it is a rod with full of power and fellings. Big pike fies are no problem for this rod. Hard wind, no wind, it can handle it. If you are looking for a new pike rod ( or just a rod that can handle big flies and wind ) don´t look further.
The RT Diesel 990 is one of the newest rods from Red Truck. Luckily, I was able to get one of the very first rods because I really needed a new heavy rod for pike fishing. And with the 990, you really have enough power to cast even large streamers and tube flies on long distances, which is not necessarily self-evident for these types of flies. I’m fishing it nearly only with a sink 7 line from the drifting boat and I was really happy with how it performed over the whole season, catching a lot of pike with it. It has a nice a sensivity to it, so you can feel every small contact on your flie, especially if you use a line without any stretch in it. Handling big pikes is also not a problem, I could land two awesome pikes with 111cm with this rod. So, a short conclusion, the RT Diesel 990 is my rod to go to when fishing big streamers going for big fish!
Used the diesel 990 for the first time hunting reds in Louisiana, very nice rod!!! Able to huck streamers like no ones business !! Handled big bull reds easy peasy!! Can’t beat it !!! 🙌🙌🙌