You’ve been asking, so we’re delivering.
This is going to become your favorite nymphing rod.
We’ve designed the perfect rod for all your nymphing needs. Not just a “high sticking” rod and not for indicators only, we’ve built the perfect rod to give you extra length for line control and a sensitive tip to react to any grab from a hungry fish. During development, we asked our field testers to try multiple techniques and really put this rod to the test. The consensus was this rod is a perfect all-around nymphing stick with a strong backbone, reactive tip and the ability to cast nymph rigs of all styles.
We’re excited and confident you’re going to love this new 3wt 10ft fly rod!
- A great rod starts with the grip. Red Trucks switch grip is not only ergonomic but enhances feel and efficiency of casting and fishing.
- Versatile and able to fish with “high sticking” or indicators.
- Sanded and precision fit ferrules, where the rod pieces come together, allow for repairs in just a few days and eliminates the need for you to ship the entire rod back to us.
- Effortlessly cast a variety of setups and rigs.
- The extra length makes roll casting and mending much easier.
- Powerful mid-section and butt for ease of flies.
- Hand made with incredible craftsmanship and premium components.
- Down-Locking Reel Seat
Chad Erchul –
One of the best rods I’ve fished and I’ve fished a lot of them, can’t beat the price either!!
Rich Lee (verified owner) –
Honest review. I’ve been searching for the one rod that can do it all for the longest time. Living in the northeast, this is now the rod I will reach for every time. The versatility is mind boggling. Is this dry fly rod or a nymph rod? It’s both. It doesn’t do one thing better than the other, it does both EXCELLENTLY. Can’t believe that this high quality can be so affordable.
Super sensitive, Great look, will land strong fish in fast water! I love this rod for picking apart pocket water and cutbanks it has great reach and will those big flies it’s also great for throwing a single streamer and high sticking it through fast runs. I Highly recommend buying this rod !
Graham Day –
This rod checks all of the boxes when it comes to pocket water fishing. The bottom line is it is light in the hand, extremely crisp and super sensitive. No more wobbly casts with excessive recoil
and this rod has tons of backbone. The Diesel 3100-4 is my second Red Truck purchase and hands-down my new favorite trout rod.
David Fessel –
I wanted a quality rod with a good warranty that I could leave the East Tennessee rivers behind and head for the less fished mountain streams. After working with my dealer, what I got was my new go-to-fly rod for all conditions. My RTD 3100, paired with the Diesel 3/4 reel, spooled with 4wt line, I’m ready for the challenges the streams offer. And today, I had a -personal best trout fishing day. I just wished I had remembered pictures .