(photo by Val Atkinson)
The Red Truck Diesel 10wt Fly Rod
Your guide is polling you along a white sandy flat. You are completely alert and looking for any sign of that v shaped tail! You spot one! A big one! The fish is happily eating about 80 feet out at 1 o’clock. You take a deep breath and begin casting your lead eyed crab with the wind blowing into you hard. Three quick false cast until you deliver the fly right on the money. Just as you begin to twitch the crab the tail shoots up into the air. You strip set hard and the fish begins to pull of line at an alarming rate. Permit on!
The 9ft 10wt is your big game fishing solution, the one best answer for giants anywhere. From the windy waters of Florida to Southern Belize the Red Truck Balanced 10wt Fly Rod will make every cast and presentation easier. A good 10wt makes casting in the wind with heavy flies and long accurate cast a breeze.
- A great rod starts with the grip. Red Trucks full wells grip is not only ergonomic but enhances feel and efficiency of casting and fishing.
- Matte finished reducing rod glare, reflection from the sun hitting the rod blank caused from shiny rods, which can spook fish.
- Sanded and precision fit ferules, where the rod pieces come together, allow for repairs in just 3 days and eliminates the need for you to ship the entire rod back to us.
- Effortlessly cast in the wind.
- 4 piece design meets carry on restrictions when traveling to tropical destinations.
- Powerful mid section allows for long and accurate casts.
- Hand made with incredible craftsmanship and premium components.
Where will your Red Truck take you?