Bass Fishing Fly Rod:
A cast up toward the lily pads, your popper lands with a thud right on the lily pad. Strip, pause, STRIP, pause, Wham… a big bucket of a mouth ambushes your helpless deer hair frog! A big hook set and you pull in a nice Large Mouth Bass.
The 9ft 8wt is your Bass fishing solution, the one best answer for Large Mouth Bass fishing anywhere. From the murky waters of the Delta to your local farm pond the Red Truck Balanced Bass Fly Rod will make every cast easier. Bass fishing in California has a lot to do with timing; early morning and late evenings are the most productive times of the day to top water fish. The afternoons are best fished with weighted Clousers and Deceivers.
The Red Truck Diesel “Bass” Fly Rod:Our only Bass specific rod, at 9 foot for a 8 weight, this rod is balanced to cast large weighted streamers and wind resistant poppers effortlessly to their target. Sick and tired of the chuck and duck? We were! Be in control with the Red Truck Bass Fly Rod.
· A great rod starts with the grip. Red Trucks full wells grip is not only ergonomic but enhances feel and efficiency of casting and fishing. Built with top quality cork.
· Matte finished reducing rod glare, Reflection on the water caused from shiny rods, which can spook fish.
· Sanded and precision fit ferules, where the rod pieces come together, allow for repairs in just 3 days and eliminates the need for you to ship the entire rod back to us.
· Effortlessly present large poppers and weighted streamers on target.
· Powerful mid section and butt for ease of picking up heavy flies or wind resistant flies.
· Powerful butt to keep fish out of the weeds.
· Hand made with incredible craftsmanship and premium components.
The Recommended Fly Reel: A perfect match for the Red Truck Bass Fly Rod is our Red Truck Diesel 7/8 Fly Reel. Taking notes from the reels our grandfathers used this reel is durable, simple, and elegant.
· The click and pawl drag system provides perfect amount of tension to fight large fish.
· Machined from solid bar stock aluminum this reel will be appreciated for generations to come.
· Whether you are pulling off line or hooked up on a fish this reel screams fly fishing.
The Recommended Fly Line: We recommend a short taper 8wt floating line which will turn over wind resistant poppers and heavy streamers when fished on this 8 weight rod.
Where will your Red Truck Take you?