How/Why we design our rods:
- They have to Cast Great- Simply said, a fly rod should be efficient and easy to cast. Our rods are designed to cast with little effort and consistent strokes from our 1WT to our 12WT.
- Built with a Purpose- We designed all of our rods to have a specific fishing application. For example our 8 foot 6 inch 4 weight is designed specifically for dry fly fishing.
- Durability- There is no worse sound than ***SNAP*** our rods have a snake belly finish that dramatically increases the rods durability. Our unique ferrules (where the pieces come together) are sanded and not painted. This increases friction and keeps the rod from coming loose and breaking.
- Premium Components- We searched the globe for the best cork, guides, and threads that money can buy.
- Cosmetics- A fly rod should look like a fly rod, not a rally car. Our gun smoke finish, matte grey blanks, and burl wood reel seats are not only beautiful but reduce the risk of spooking fish with rod glare.
- Repairs- Repairs should be fast and easy! We build our rods so precisely that we can ship you a replacement section thus eliminating the horrible repair times of most rod brands. Most times, within a few days of contacting us, and you are fishing again. 90% of breaks occur in the tip; which is why we recommend you purchase and extra tip with your Red Truck Rod.
With all of this in mind it is no wonder why our gear was featured in Men’s Journal magazine as one of their “50 Perfect Things”.